Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Several Great Articles- The Adolescent Brain

I'm preparing for Session #5 of the Brain-Based Learning Class that I teach for Archdiocese of Dubuque teachers.  During the afternoon session on Thursday, the topic will be the adolescent brain.  While preparing, I came across three wonderful articles that will be good reading for them prior to class--- or more likely--- after class.

Two of the articles are from one of my favorite sources for "novice-friendly" brain information:  National Public Radio.  The third is from Discovery News.

The Teen Brain:  It's Just Not Grown Up Yet   (NPR, March 2010)

Do Juvenile Killers Deserve Life Behind Bars?  (NPR, March 2012)

Teen Brain Wired to Take Risks  (Discovery News, May 2010)

If you're interested in understanding (if that's possible) the adolescent brain, you may want to take a look at these articles.   I was excited to notice that the article on teen risk-taking quotes Dr. Adriana Galvan, the cognitive neuroscientist who spoke at our most recent Brainy Bunch Network in January.  (She's the one pictured in my January post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment